For most, the holiday season is about coming together and enjoying the company of friends and family. Planning your trip ahead of time is the easiest and most reliable way to ensure you and fellow drivers have a safe ride home.
To do your part, here are 6 ways to keep our roads safe this holiday season:
- Designate a Driver. It is important to plan this before – not during. Decide on one person who will remain sober during the event.
- Call a taxi. Unfortunately, the holiday season can cause prolonged wait times. Luckily, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides a state-by-state listing of Sober Ride Programs. Click here to find a program in your area.
- Call your loved ones. If you feel stuck, call a friend or loved one to pick you up. You may be waking them up from a deep slumber, but they would rather see you safe at home.
- Use public transportation. Plan an alternate ride. Taking the train or bus is an easy and affordable safe ride home.
- Hide keys. Leave your keys at home and if you know someone has reached their limit don’t be afraid to take theirs.
- Book a hotel or spend the night. Book a hotel or plan to stay at the night at the gathering.
Learn more about how you can spread awareness by visiting MADD.
Happy holidays and a big THANK YOU to all our public safety professionals who work hard to make sure our roads are safe!
About OPS Public Safety
OPS Public Safety manufactures weapon and gear storage systems for law enforcement and public safety vehicles. Founded in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 2006, the family business quickly grew into the US market and opened a second production facility in Watertown, New York in 2018. Today it delivers a full line of storage products across the US, Canada and beyond.